- Fixed an issue downloading investment quotes that could occur due to a change in the quote datasource host.
- Fixed an issue where exchange rates could be listed twice.
- Fixed an issue where the default values for payees would not auto-fill for new transactions when the account has default transaction values as well.
- Fixed an issue where the built-in browsers could load OFX, QFX, QIF, and CSV files in the browser instead of prompting the user to download the file.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.11
- Exchange rates can now be set manually for each file in the "Update Exchange Rates" window accessed in the Accounts menu.
- Column sorting for budgets is now remembered between sessions.
- Pop-up windows for the built-in browsers now allow file downloads and printing.
- The delete keyboard shortcut no longer defaults to deleting reports in the reports views unless the table of created reports is selected.
- When switching from "Categories" to "Monitor" in the budgets the selected "Income" or "Expenses" view is kept chosen.
- The "Any" or "All" option for Transaction Filter constraints being met in order to apply the filter now defaults to "All" to prevent possible user error.
- Adding a new "payment segment" to a loan schedule now auto-fills the last payment segment's values for interest rate, regular payment account, other amount and whether or not to automatically calculate the regular payment amount.
- Fixed an issue downloading multiple accounts and the accounts not displaying in the import window when one or more of the downloaded accounts had a failed download.
- Fixed an issue with the program's "Check/Update Connections" feature where valid connections would improperly show a connection error due to a change in the IDs used for institutions.
- Fixed an issue where some connection/download requests did not timeout correctly which could cause progress indicator windows to not be dismissed.
- Fixed an issue when declining to import a file downloaded temporarily for importing into accounts using the built-in browsers where the temporary file would be deleted when closing the SEE Finance data fie instead of when declining the import.
- Fixed an issue properly importing quotes for UK securities when they are listed in Pounds on Yahoo! Finance.
- Fixed an issue where if an account's "Start" and "End" date range for shown transactions did not include today when splitting a transaction the user would receive an improper error alerting the transaction date was out of range.
- Fixed an issue with the Memo reports where if the same memo was listed multiple times it could be listed incorrectly multiple times.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.10
- Added Investments preference for automatically removing unnecessary offsetting cash dividends that can appear with reinvested dividends.
- OFX/QFX downloads and imports now use "DTUSER", the date user initiated the transaction, as the transaction's date if it is available instead of "DTPOSTED", the transaction's posted date.
- The built-in web browsers for account Online views now offers to download PDFs or load them into the browser.
- The built-in web browsers for account Online views now offers to open recently downloaded PDF files in the default program set for viewing PDFs.
- Separated Investment preferences into "Investment-General" and "Investment-Importing" preferences.
- Removed "Move Selected Transaction(s):" keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed an issue with Balances reports not always listing investment positions correctly if they were not open prior to the "Start Date" of the report.
- Fixed an issue setting multiple transactions payee or category when using the Edit box's drop down list and the first selected transaction not getting set with the new payee if all selected payees didn't previously have a payee set.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.9
- Adjusted the program to save the last download date for an account to be when the import is actually accepted and no longer just when the download was done prior to accepting the download.
- Adjusted the duplicate transactions check to pass along the reconciled status of declined matching duplicate transactions to their existing transaction match when using the option for "Merge Any Declined Imported Transaction's Information Into the Corresponding Existing Transaction Match".
- Changed "Margin Interest", "Misc. Inv. Expense", and "Misc. Inv. Income" transaction types to have transaction amounts apply against the account balance when the category is the same account the transaction is in.
- Fixed an issue where creating new accounts manually after rearranging account types using drag and drop in the main Account List could result in the new account being under the wrong account type.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.8
- "OK", "Import" and "Accept" buttons for the download transactions window, import transactions windows and most windows with "Accept" buttons now respond to using the "Enter/Return" keyboard shortcut to proceed.
- Adjusted the program's investment quote downloads to take into account that Yahoo! Finance's current market quote information maybe older than Yahoo! Finance's historical market quote information due to Yahoo! Finance using different providers for current market quotes and historical market quotes. The program will use the most recent available quote between the listed current market quote and historical market quotes.
- Improved CSV importing of investment transactions for partial word matching of "Security Action" values.
- Fixed an issue saving account notes.
- Fixed an issue downloading current market index quotes.
- Fixed an issue with the program's new "Check/Update Connections" option where if different institutions were using the exact same Direct Connect downloads server and institution IDs then their displayed names in the program could not be correct (self updating if you run this check again).
- Fixed an issue where the program could crash downloading transactions for an individual account if the user manually set the Apple Keychain Services comment for the connection in Keychain Access.
- Fixed an issue importing accounts from multiple QIF files.
- Fixed an issue importing CSV for accounts which have not yet imported a CSV file where not all of the saved CSV import settings from the last imported CSV file was restored (number of rows to skip, decimal separator, category matching style, run filters, and mark as reconciled).
- Fixed an issue where the program's "Memorized Transactions" feature that applies default transaction type, category, memo and amount information when manually selecting a transaction's payee could cause existing values set for a transaction to be overwritten if you switched from one existing payee to another.
- Fixed an issue where the program's "Memorized Transactions" feature could change an imported transaction whose amount is zero to a the default amount for the payee.
- Fixed an issue where the "Gear" action icon displayed in upper right hand corner of tables with optional columns would be cutoff in OS X 10.8 when the option to always show table scroll bars is turned on for OS X.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.7
- Added a "Check/Update Connections" option in the Accounts menu to be able to update general Direct Connect information for institutions actively being used in the program.
- Added the ability to set a stock option transaction's number of shares per contract.
- Added an Investments preference to automatically match cash dividend transactions and corresponding share purchase transactions and replace them with one "Reinvest Dividend" transaction.
- The saved account specific settings CSV file column separator and whether or not to "Flip" amounts are now just the default button option when having the preference to ask what to do when importing CSV files.
- For investment accounts in GBP when importing transactions from CSV files the program checks if the price paid values are listed in Pence.
- Adjusted the program's amortization schedule setup to allow for periods where the interest owed is more than the payment amount causing an increase in the outstanding principal amount.
- Fixed an issue where account login credentials would not be saved properly to Apple's Keychain Services when creating an account's download connection after the account was created.
- Fixed an issue while entering text in the search field where the entered text could be selected in the middle of entry causing the next keystroke to clear the previously entered text.
- Fixed an issue with the account notes field not always updating when selecting different individual accounts of the same account type.
- Fixed an issue when entering investment transactions for new securities where if the symbol was entered before entering the security's name the security object in the program would not be updated with the set name.
- Fixed an issue where when setting a security's name in the Security List would not update the name used in positions for that security.
- Fixed an issue with not using the proper number of shares per contract for updating the price paid and gain/loss for investment positions containing "Shares In" and "Shares Out" transactions.
- Fixed an issue where securities listed with Pounds as their currency were not converting downloaded historical prices from Yahoo! Finance from Pence to Pounds.
- Fixed an issue showing the proper cost basis and sales amount for positions that were initially short positions in Investments reports.
- Fixed an issue with CSV file exports of Balances reports showing investment positions listing currency symbols in price paid amounts.
- Fixed an issue where values for subcategories could possibly not be included in the budget's actual amount listings.
- Fixed an issue with budget income and expense "Actual" totals being incorrect when the budgeted included categories and subcategories and one or more of the subcategories of a category not sharing the same value for being designated as "Expense" categories as their "parent" category.
- The program now moves a budgeted item between the Income and Expenses lists when changing that category's "Expense" setting.
- Fixed an issue with using the budget "Period" options and the budget's actual start and end dates not being saved to the database.
- Fixed an issue where Transaction Filters missing their action transaction in the database would prevent the Transaction Filters view from loading.
- Fixed an issue updating recurring transaction next occurrence dates.
- Fixed an issue with Credit Card, Investment, and Loan account's Reconcile windows not remembering the transactions "Start" and "End" date range for individual accounts when the accounts do not make use of statements.
- Fixed an issue where using the space bar to toggle check boxes of multiple selected table rows would not work properly if the System Preferences Keyboard option for "Full Keyboard Access" was set to "All controls".
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.6
- Added an "Account Notes" field to the Overview view of every account type.
- Added the ability to lower the upper portion of account Overview views.
- Stock options can now have historical quotes manually entered or imported.
- Added an Investments preference to only download investment quotes for active securities.
- Added an Investments preference for whether or not historical quotes for options should be based on the underlying security's historical quotes since historical quotes are not available for options. This affects the Balances reports in the program.
- CSV file import settings are now saved on an account by account basis.
- Added a "Save As…" option when selecting to print an account's transactions with options to save the printout as a CSV or PDF file.
- Added an option to print only reconciled transactions when selecting to print an account's transactions.
- Added an option to print only unreconciled transactions when selecting to print an account's transactions.
- Added the option to print and export the category tax codes list by Control/Right clicking the table.
- Added support for returning HTTP general error codes when attempting to setup account Direct Connect download connections.
- Added a hidden preference to be able to log the last Direct Connect download's requests and responses and not automatically have account credentials removed (they're removed by default).
- Added "Quicken® Windows 2013" as an option for having the program identify itself as for OFX Direct Connect downloads.
- Added "Current Month", "Current Year", and "Current Week" as Period options in budgets.
- Added an option to graphs for whether or not to constrain the Y-axis to zero for the account balances of the Balance reports and individual account views. Setting is accessed by Control/Right clicking the graph.
- Improved file loading performance.
- Removed the "Untracked Income" and "Untracked Expenses" category options from Category reports and budgets and replaced them with options for "Uncategorized Income", "Other Income Categories", "Uncategorized Expenses", and "Other Expense Categories". The "Other Income Categories" and "Other Expense Categories" options include results for categories that are not included in the report's/budget's list of included categories.
- Removed the "Untracked" payee listing from Payee reports and replaced it with options for "No Payee" and "Other/Hidden Payees". The "Other/Hidden Payees" option includes results for payees that are not included in the report's list of included payees.
- Removed the "Untracked" payee listing from Transaction Type reports and replaced it with options for "No Transaction Type, and "Other Transaction Types". The "Other Transaction Types" option includes results for transaction types that are not included in the report's list of included transaction types.
- Removed the "Untracked" memo listing from Memo reports and replaced it with the "Other Memos option. The "Other Memos" option includes results for memos that are not included in the report's list of included memos.
- The main Payees list now displays hidden account payees.
- The main Categories list now displays hidden account categories.
- The program now checks for updates daily when having the preference for to check for updates for the program turned on (previously only done when the program was first opened).
- Improved process for determining which file encoding should be used when importing various file types and the file's encoding is not known.
- Program now remembers the last used setting for storing Direct Connect download connection user info in Apple's Keychain Services when setting up account downloads.
- Fixed an issue with the program not properly checking for possible higher versions of the OFX protocol being used based on the profile information sent out by an institution.
- When creating investment accounts from Direct Connect download or importing a OFX or QFX file the program now runs a check for whether or not the account's cash balance is held in a money market fund security in order to prevent inappropriately generating a starting balance transaction for the account.
- When importing investment transactions from CSV files, "Sale" is now matched to the "Sell" transaction type action.
- Following the possible duplicate transactions check, existing transactions that were matches for declined imported transactions are no longer display the green indicator icon indicating they were recently imported/updated from the download if they were previously marked as reconciled.
- Creating new transactions now automatically selects the default first item in the tab order instead of always the transaction date field.
- Alerts validating transaction dates now display a four digit year.
- Investment position tables sorted by date will now sort by date then security name.
- Shares In/Out transactions now show their cost basis information for their respective investment position's "Total Paid" amount.
- Changed the budget Periods of "Last Week" and "Last Two Weeks" to cover Sunday through Saturday weeks instead of past 7 and past 14 days respectively.
- Selecting a budget's Period setting now refreshes the budget's listed "Start" and "End" dates that represents the selected date range.
- Fixed an issue when creating a new account manually or by download the Transactions view for the account was not loaded by default (last used view for that account type could still be shown).
- Fixed an issue when creating a new account manually or by download the new account would not be selected if its overall account type listing in the main Account List was collapsed.
- Fixed an issue where the "Setup Downloads…" menu option in the main Account List's contextual menu as well as in the gear action buttons would not always be properly enabled for banking, credit card, investment and loan accounts.
- Fixed an issue where the investment account balance listings in the main Account List could possibly not refresh properly following updating investment quotes which downloaded new quote information.
- Fixed an issue where a freeze could occur when entering a transaction amount and then using the option to press "Command up/down arrow" to switch row selection.
- Fixed an issue where the default interest category for loans that were lent was being set to "Interest Expense" instead of "Interest Income".
- Fixed an issue with entering or importing historical prices and the current price when multiples are entered or imported and the latest quote was not the current day.
- Fixed an issue not being able to import historical quotes for bonds from CSV and QIF files.
- Fixed an issue where available security prices were not importing when creating investment accounts using Direct Connect downloads.
- Fixed an issue generating Direct Connect download logs when a only one account which already had a valid download connection setup would attempt to download transactions and that attempt was denied by the institution.
- Fixed an issue that could occur after importing accounts from files where the selection in the main Account List would change inappropriately.
- Fixed an issue with the program not remembering to save downloaded files to a temp location when using the Online view's built-in web browsers for accounts.
- Fixed an issue when merging information from a declined imported transaction due to having a duplicate existing transaction that is split where the memos in the split transaction could be replaced with the memo from the downloaded transaction.
- Fixed an issue exporting the proper transaction amount for investment transactions into QIF files in situations where the transaction amount is a negative amount due to the commission in a security sale being larger than the value of the shares.
- Fixed an issue with reports in currencies different than the included transactions having totals possibly being slightly more than the sum of their individual listed converted transaction amounts due to non-rounding of amounts to the number of decimal places for the report's currency.
- Fixed an issue with the Balances reports not using the proper exchange rate for values of historical bond positions when there the last price paid is used for the bond's price (not a more recent historical quote available).
- Fixed an issue in the Investments reports view where the appropriate results view button wasn't displaying the proper selection when switching between the Gains and Losses views.
- Fixed an issue when selecting actions using the program's contextual menus than involve displaying a window while in another application would not present the expect window until the application was selected.
- Fixed an issue where account transactions could not be printed using Portrait page orientation.
- Fixed an issue displaying the proper balance for transactions listed in statements for "Single Mutual Fund" accounts.
- Fixed an issue where the split ratio fields could be hidden when entering investment split transactions into statements.
- Fixed an issue where Transaction Filters based on the account's name would not work when run on transactions imported from CSV files.
- Fixed an issue when accepting pending recurring transactions if the amount for a transaction was currently being edited the newly entered amount would not be accepted.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.5
- Bonds can now have historical quotes manually entered or imported.
- Added an option to the security historical quote graph's contextual menu to view adjusted close prices.
- Adjusted close prices for historical quotes can now be manually entered in the Security List and the Watch List.
- Adjusted close prices for historical quotes can now be imported from CSV files.
- Added an Investments preference for having bond quotes based on using the PV of a bond formula. This setting applies to setting bond market prices or yields and also controls if the bond prices used in Balances reports. Balances reports will use historical quotes if available otherwise will use the last price paid for the bond if this preference is turned off.
- Bonds are now expected to be entered using percentage of par information. The program will auto adjust previous bond transactions for the 0.9.14.5 update.
- Bonds are no longer forced to use the present value of a bond formula for estimating market price.
- Treasury bonds are no longer forced to use current US bond rates only when using the present value of a bond formula for estimating market price.
- Table columns for amounts and other columns with primarily fixed width values now do not automatically resize when resizing the window or adjusting other columns.
- When creating investment accounts by importing OFX/QFX files or by using OFX Direct Connect downloads the program no longer attempts to generate position adjustment transactions when the investment positions list is not listed in the file/download (previously assumed all positions were closed).
- Added another download connection timeout check for Direct Connect downloads to prevent a frozen connection with some institution's Direct Connect download servers.
- PDFs generated for reports now show an asterisk "*" before the transaction's date if it is a split transactions.
- Statement PDF window will no longer be closed automatically when switching to another view for the same account.
- When importing transactions from CSV files if the security type is missing, but the transaction type is set to "Buy to Open", "Buy to Close", "Sell to Open" or "Sell to Close" then the transaction will be set to have their "Option" security type.
- When importing option transactions from CSV files the program will attempt to create a standard option symbol from the security's name when a standard symbol is not imported. The program will also attempt to extrapolate the underlying symbol, option type, strike price and maturity date from the security's name.
- Fixed an issue not correctly generating investment position adjustment transactions for accounts created from OFX/QFX files or OFX Direct Connect downloads when the position was a short position on the security.
- Fixed an issue not importing accrued interest for bonds when importing OFX/QFX files or using OFX Direct Connect downloads. The accrued interest information is now imported as a separate "Misc. Inv. Expense" transaction.
- Fixed an issue creating investment accounts from Direct Connect downloads and the investment account subtype not being set properly.
- Fixed an issue where a security's "Yahoo! Symbol" being a blank space would result in the security not attempting a quote download from Yahoo! Finance based on it's regular security symbol.
- Fixed an issue when using the "Group Positions by Account" option in the Portfolio view's position tables where an account that was set as "Hidden" and to "Hide Balance" would still have its positions listed.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash closing a file's window when the file's data is still loading.
- Fixed an issue with the "Possible Duplicate Transactions Found" window not utilizing the full table width for columns.
- Fixed an issue with the green recently downloaded transactions indicator icon for accounts in the Account List not being removed when the last recently downloaded transaction is deleted.
- Fixed an issue with statement and transaction image windows not displaying PDFs when initially opened.
- Fixed an issue where report PDF views could display a blank PDF view initially.
- Fixed an issue not being able to delete all historical investment quotes on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Fixed an issue where setting a transaction filter's transaction type setting could delete a transaction in the program.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.4
- Added the green recently downloaded indicator icons to the Reconcile window's transactions register table
- Setting up accounts with OFX Direct Connect downloads now checks entered password lengths against the min and max lengths indicated by the financial institution.
- Added a hidden preference to have investment accounts with transactions in currencies other than the account's designated currency to import using their original currency information into separate accounts (email support for details).
- CSV file importing now allows the import of bond, CD and option security types.
- Made an adjustment when importing option symbols from imported CSV files, OFX/QFX files and in OFX Direct Connect downloads to clean up white space and remove some unnecessary characters.
- Importing option transactions from CSV and OFX/QFX files can now obtain the underlying symbol, maturity date, option type and strike price from the option's symbol when listed in the common option symbol format.
- Updated the method of creating dates/times from OFX/QFX files. If the listed date is shown as having GMT as the time zone and zero for the minutes and seconds then the default time of day for the respective date value will be used by the program.
- Option payoff charts now use the underlying security's adjusted close quotes when available.
- Fixed an issue not properly matching investment positions that contained investment split transactions (specific to versions 0.9.14.2 and 0.9.14.3).
- Fixed an issue not picking up "Buy to Open", "Buy to Close", "Sell to Close" and "Sell to Open" for option transactions imported from OFX/QFX files and in OFX Direct Connect downloads.
- Fixed an issue in Balances and Investment reports where the proper exchange rates for investment positions in different currencies were not being used.
- Fixed an issue in investment accounts where the wrong label was being listed on the balance field when scrolling transactions.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash on OS X 10.5 generating PDFs.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.3
- The Balance text field in account's "Transactions" views can now switch for viewing different balances (reconciled, unreconciled, online available, and online ledger) using the same keyboard shortcuts as the Account List.
- Fixed an issue when performing some keyboard shortcuts a beep would be heard.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash when loading some files.
- Fixed an issue importing multiple OFX, QFX or QIF files on OS X 10.5.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.2
- Added a General preference that allows you to not display the account balances in the main Account List in the program ("Display Account Balances in Account List"). For situations when you do not want others viewing all your account balances.
- Added keyboard shortcut options to the main Account List where you can hold down key combinations to switch the balances to: reconciled balance, unreconciled balance, last known online available balance, last known online ledger balance, available credit (credit card accounts), switching between including early posted transactions in balances, and switching between the investment account cash or total balance. The full list of keyboard shortcuts is available in a separate reference window accessed by selecting "SEE Finance Keyboard Shortcuts" from the Help menu. These are listed under "Accounts".
- Added keyboard shortcut options to the main Account List where you can hold down "Command Option i" to clear the green recently imported transactions icons. The same keyboard shortcut applies to removing these icons from individual transactions.
- Clicking on a date in a calendar pop-up window now closes the pop-up window.
- Adjustments made to optimize the performance of investment position updating.
- Adjusted duplicate transactions check so that a match based on date and amount would not be considered an "Exact" match if the amount is exact, but the date is two days apart.
- Fixed an issue with the code signing of the application in OS X 10.5 and 10.6 that caused the program to request authorization for Apple Keychain access for the login credentials of Direct Connect downloads every time a download was performed.
- Fixed an issue when setting up Direct Connect downloads or performing a download request where general html connection errors would freeze the program by not removing the download progress indication window (a proper error is now shown).
- Fixed an issue where the transaction date selector was not being automatically selected for new transactions.
- Fixed an issue converting transaction amounts in imported OFX/QFX files for transactions in currencies other than the account's currency.
- Fixed an issue with importing investment transactions for securities in currencies different than the account's designated currency and the created security not having the proper price from the imported file.
- Fixed an issue with entering investment transactions for securities in currencies different than the account's designated currency and the created security showing the wrong price (now defaults to zero until updated).
- Fixed an issue with setting the price of a security in a positions view that is in a different currency than the Portfolio's designated currency and having the amount not converted properly.
- Fixed an issue where the size of the progress indicator window during Direct Connect downloads was too large after the first set of download requests.
- Fixed an issue marking the file as having changes if the editing was not ended using the return or Tab key.
- Fixed an issue where balances in the Account List could be cutoff when certain fonts are selected.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.1
- Fixed an issue with menu item validation where some items would inappropriately be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where blank reports could be printed automatically.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.14.0
- SEE Finance is now code signed to be compatible with OS X Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper's option to only allow applications downloaded from "Mac App Store and identified developers".
- Added "Create Balance Adjustment Transaction…" feature to the Transactions menu.
- Added "List Style" options to the Balances reports. The optional List Styles are "Account List" which is the previously report formatting option and a new "Net Worth" option listing account balance information in a typical net worth format.
- Added an "Account" Constraint Item option for Transaction Filters for filtering transactions by account titles.
- Added an "Amount" Constraint Item option for Transaction Filters for filtering transactions by amount titles. Amount constraint items only work with "Equal To", "Less Than" and "Greater Than" Constraint options. Amounts are compared based on their absolute values.
- Added a rebuild database feature in the File->Database menu.
- The recent searches list is now saved between sessions.
- Added a Transactions-Importing preference for importing OFX/QFX files to ignore the time of day listed in dates since some institutions do not list time of day information properly.
- Added an export option to loan account's amortization schedules (CSV or PDF file exports).
- Added an export option to the Balances view table's contextual menu (CSV or PDF file exports).
- Added an export option to the Payees view table's contextual menu (CSV or PDF file exports).
- Added an export option to the Transaction Types view table's contextual menu (CSV or PDF file exports).
- Added an export option to the Categories view table's contextual menu (CSV or PDF file exports).
- Added an export option to the Recurring Transactions view table's contextual menu (CSV or PDF file exports).
- Creating a new transaction now resets the transaction date selector's selection (year, month & day) to the first option.
- The "Client ID" for OFX Direct Connect download connections is now saved with each file and remains the same when the file is copied or moved (converted to a new file).
- No longer not trusting the account balance listed in QIF files when importing accounts from QIF files using the "File Was Created By: Other Financial Institution or Website" (a previous adjustment for errors in iBank created QIF files).
- When accepting a possible duplicate transactions check if the option for "Merge Any Declined Imported Transaction's Information Into the Corresponding Existing Transaction Match" is checked then the corresponding existing transaction that was considered a match will appear with the green recently downloaded icon in the transactions register.
- Marking a recently imported transaction as reconciled will now remove its green recently downloaded icon in the transactions register.
- Changed the "Margin Interest", "Misc. Inv. Expense" and "Misc. Inv. Income" transaction types to no longer affect an investment account's cash balance if it setup as a transfer transaction.
- The previous close value for securities is no longer setup initially as the first transaction's price paid. The previous close value for securities not listed on Yahoo! Finance will be cleared.
- P/E ratio and EPS listings are now displayed using a generic number formatter instead of using a currency formatter.
- Adjusted investment position printouts to include the security name when the security name column is selected in the table in program.
- In transaction tables listing investments the "Security" column now lists the security's symbol and name such as "AAPL - Apple Inc.".
- Changed report table columns names for transactions from using "Payment" and "Deposit" column names to use "Debit" and "Credit" respectively.
- Balance reports using the option to "Show Investment Positions" now include the number of shares and price per share information for each security in printouts and exported CSV files.
- Exporting reports and budgets now prompts the user for the save name and location for the file as well as the ability to export the file as a CSV or PDF file.
- Exporting investment positions now prompts the user for the save name and location for the file as well as the ability to export the file as a CSV or PDF file.
- Exporting investment security lists now prompts the user for the save name and location for the file as well as the ability to export the file as a CSV, QIF, or PDF file.
- Exporting transactions into QIF, CSV or TXF files now prompts the user for the save name and location for the file.
- Exporting the category list now prompts the user for the save name and location for the file as well as the ability to export the file as a CSV, QIF or PDF file.
- Added tool tips to search bar options (Payee, Type, Category, Memo, Amount).
- Added an alert when entering a positive amount for a credit card statement's starting balance which indicates the credit card company owes the customer money.
- The program now remembers the file download setting for "Save file to a temp location for importing into a SEE Finance account." when downloading files using the account Online view built-in web browsers.
- Setting a category's tax code by double clicking the tax code in the tax code window now also sets the category to be tax related.
- Updated available currencies.
- Fixed an issue with OS X 10.7.4 and importing files from the built-in web browsers and storing the files in a temp location.
- Fixed an issue importing transaction amount's incorrectly from Direct Connect downloads, OFX, and QFX files when the transaction amount is not listed in the account's default currency.
- Fixed an issue incorrectly handling ampersand, greater than and less than symbols in account user login IDs or passwords in OFX Direct Connect downloads.
- Fixed an issue importing multiple OFX, QFX and QIF files on Mac OS X 10.5.
- Fixed an issue where the an unconfirmed field edit was not being validated and saved when closing the application or the file's window (E.G. the last field you're in the middle of editing is not being confirmed and saved when closing the file/application if you have not pressed enter or changed fields).
- Fixed an issue when setting a transaction's transaction type that has an amount restriction not recording the possible change in the transaction's amount in the database.
- Fixed an issue changing a security's Yahoo! Finance Symbol and the program not attempting to download profile information about the company until after the file is closed and re-opened.
- Fixed an issue not updating the current banking rates in the Portfolio section.
- Fixed an issue not updating quotes for securities listed as ETFs in the program when performing Direct Connect downloads and OFX/QFX file imports.
- Fixed an issue not updating investment positions if securities are discovered to have their security types mis-listed based on downloaded information from Yahoo! Finance.
- Fixed an issue with short sales of stock showing an inverted gain/loss amount.
- Fixed an issue where the Balances column would not be selected by default for transaction register printouts.
- Fixed an issue restoring the sorting of top table of transactions of the account in the Reconcile window.
- Fixed an issue restoring the last selection of statement transactions between sessions.
- Fixed an issue where the transaction type would not be searched in statement searches.
- Fixed an issue when setting an account to hide/unhide its balance it would not be removed/added as a selectable option in the current view's list of accounts, payees or categories.
- Fixed an issue in Balance reports where security prices in a different currency then the report would could have the currency conversion done twice.
- Fixed an issue with progress indicator bar's top and bottom borders being cutoff in the display when performing account Direct Connect downloads.
- Fixed an issue validating Transactions menu items.
- Fixed an issue with the program's self-updating process incorrectly indicating the update download failed when logged in with a user that does not possess the permission to delete and install the program without having to authenticate as the administrator. Note that updates to the program's self-updating process have a delay in their effectiveness (seen in the following update).
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.8
- Check numbers now sort numerically in table columns.
- Removed some special character restrictions on entering payees and transaction types.
- Printing investment positions now loosely based on the columns selected for the investment positions table.
- Selecting to export transactions now has the date range for the export set based on all transactions in the file.
- Adjusted QIF file investment price imports to import blank prices as zero amounts.
- Fixed an issue importing QIF files when the last item listed in the QIF file was an account without any transactions.
- Fixed an issue interpreting CDATA values in Direct Connect downloads and imported OFX or QFX files.
- Fixed an issue importing check numbers from QMTF files for transactions that are split.
- Fixed an issue importing bond or option share transfer transactions where the bond/option specific information would not get set for the transaction when available in the download/import.
- Fixed an issue with exporting CSV files from reports and lists and some amounts not being listed properly.
- Fixed an issue where Single Mutual Fund accounts could have non-account categories manually entered for transactions.
- Prices for investment transactions are no longer displayed using the Positive Number Formatter color if set (always black).
- Zero amounts in the program are no longer displayed using the Positive Number Formatter color if set (always black).
- Fixed an issue not using the preference to include early posted transactions in account balances where an investment transaction entered for the current day, but with a time of day later than the present time would not be included in the investment positions.
- Fixed an issue listing option positions as closed of their maturity dates have passed when there are multiple sells for long option positions or multiple buys for short option positions.
- Fixed an issue with option positions that have past maturity and not reporting gain/loss due to expiring.
- Fixed an issue calculating short and long term gains/losses for short investment positions when commission is involved.
- Fixed a possible issue calculating investment gain/loss where commissions from all transactions would not be included.
- Fixed an issue where investment position updating could slow the program down due to inefficient database activity.
- Fixed an issue where large number of transaction deletions could slow the program down due to inefficient database activity.
- Fixed an issue with the alert presented when deleting categories listed in split transactions would not be included in the total number of transactions currently using the category selected to be deleted.
- Fixed a bug in the "Pending Recurring Transactions" window where the transactions would not always appear with number formatters for transaction amount fields which could cause restrictions on transaction amount entry.
- Fixed an issue with transaction filters created from existing transactions not keeping the initial given name of the filter by the program.
- Fixed an issue setting transaction values in drop down boxes where another transaction next to the selected transaction could possibly get the new value being set when the transactions table is being sorted by the value being set, a partial value is entered and then the drop down list is used.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash when the program is set to update exchange rates at startup and the investment positions are being updated at startup.
- Fixed an issue drawing graphs when there are one value one the x axis ("Not Enough Data" is display).
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.7
- Added "Quicken® Windows 2012" as an option for identifying the program as for Direct Connect downloads.
- Fixed an issue with option positions where their underlying security object could be deleted.
- Fixed a possible crash in 0.9.13.6 when adjusting statements and transactions in statements.
- Fixed a possible crash in 0.9.13.6 when importing QIF files that are missing the ending "^" line in the file.
- Fixed an issue with inaccurately drawing values that do not fit in one line in PDFs.
- Fixed an issue drawing blank PDFs in reports when using certain Page Setup settings.
- Fixed an issue not updating report PDFs when the PDF generation was cancelled due to new data being available for the report.
- Fixed an issue with option positions where their underlying security object could be deleted.
- Fixed an issue with account names and types not displaying in the Import window for Direct Connect downloads and imported OFX/QFX files.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.6
- Added the ability to import data from Quicken® Essentials for Mac using that program's "Export to Quicken 2007…" file exporting option (QMTF files).
- Added new font setting for the main Account List Table.
- The program will now allow for setting of the font size for the Account List table font, Tables font and Printout fonts.
- Added the option to set the row height for printouts. Note when setting the row height it will also auto-adjust the corresponding font's size to fill this row height, but that font size can be adjusted if desired in the Fonts preferences.
- Added the ability to customize the Page Setup for printing reports and tables throughout the program (accessed in the File menu).
- Adjusted the program's self updating procedure to handle users that do not have permission to install programs (takes affect when performing the next update).
- Recurring transactions setup for loan schedules can now be deleted in the Recurring Transactions view.
- Improved the alerts for deleting payees, transaction types and categories to indicate if the item to be deleted is in use by any transactions.
- Creating a new payee, transaction type or category will now automatically select the name field for the new item.
- The Statements view's Reconcile window now saves the date range of shown transactions when statements are not used.
- The "Hide/Show Accounts" window now saves its size between sessions.
- Updated TXF tax code information.
- Improved QIF file exporting to ensure compatibility with other program's character limits per field/line.
- Added ability to import tax related status and tax code info from QIF and QMTF files.
- Added ability to export tax code info to QIF files.
- Added options for exporting all non-investment accounts and all investment accounts at one time.
- Adjusted account download logs to remove account user name, password and account IDs from any area in the log and not just from the expected locations.
- Unnecessary zeros in the front of check numbers are now automatically removed from downloaded/imported transactions.
- Adjusted the QIF file imports to add the ending "^" line if it is missing from the QIF file.
- Made an adjustment to Direct Connect download request line break formatting for some institutions.
- Added additional info for Direct Connect downloading error 15510 which is for when institutions are not allowing new clients (applications) to connect.
- Added the ability to import investment quotes from downloads or imported OFX/QFX files when the import is cancelled.
- Investment positions now list the number of shares for sells as negative numbers.
- Changed bond ratings list ordering to AAA, AA, A.
- Reports tables now save their column sorting (alphabetically).
- Reports no longer consider transactions with another account as the payee a transfer transaction if the transaction type or category do not also indicate it is a transfer.
- The "Split" category listing is no longer included in Category reports unless specifically added to the report's list of categories.
- Expanded the available year limits for date selections in reports.
- Reports no longer constrain the frequency intervals into whole periods from the beginning and end of the typical interval. For example, a report for the date range of 1/15/2010-1/14/2011 using the Monthly Frequency will no longer force the first period to be 1/15/2010-1/31/2011 and whole months afterwards. The report will display intervals 1/15/2010-2/14/2010, 2/15/2010-3/14/2010, etc.
- Fixed an issue where automatic file backups were not being created when quitting the application and being prompted to save the file.
- Fixed an issue where the Account List Table's balances listings could always be truncated when using certain fonts and row heights.
- Fixed an issue rearranging accounts in the main Account List Table using drag and drop when accounts are hidden.
- Fixed an issue with source list tables child indentations in OS X Lion.
- Fixed an issue with display of table corner views in OS X Lion.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash when selecting multiple transactions in accounts and deleting or performing bulk changes on them.
- Fixed an issue when editing transactions where split transactions added automatically due to the sum of other split transactions not adding up to the overall transaction's amount were required to be unlocked for editing.
- Fixed an issue with using the preference for not having early posted transactions included in the account balance listings and the balance listings not updating when those transactions do occur (the file is open until their posting date).
- Fixed an issue not being able to change an account's type to the "Loan - Construction" type after it was initially created.
- Fixed an issue with loan recurring transactions where after they posted for the first time they could lose their frequency and end date settings.
- Fixed an issue with loan recurring transactions not updating amounts for their next occurrence after they post.
- Fixed an issue with loan recurring transactions not posting "Other" amounts if the first payment(s) did not have an "Other" amount.
- Fixed an issue with loan recurring transactions posting zero interest amount transactions.
- Fixed an issue with loan schedule setup to prevent the possibility from going from payments to deposits after the loan balance is zero.
- Fixed an issue with the recurring transactions setup for loan schedules where if the loan has yet to be disbursed the amount to be disbursed would be entered twice.
- Fixed issue importing credit card and liability accounts from other programs when their account balance are listed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue importing of security quotes from downloads or imported OFX/QFX files where securities would get listed with a zero market price when the price for the security is not included in the download/import.
- Fixed an issue importing investment transfer transactions from OFX/QFX files.
- Fixed an issue importing OFX/QFX files and "" being found in the names, memos or other values for transactions.
- Fixed an issue sending the wrong NEWFILEUID in Direct Connect profile and account discovery download requests.
- Fixed an issue downloading current investment quotes from Yahoo! Finance.
- Fixed an issue where securities listed on Yahoo! Finance with null values for quote information were having those values set to zero.
- Fixed an issue with short investment position sales gains/losses being incorrectly displayed/reported as losses/gains.
- Fixed an issue with same stock option transactions not being grouped properly into investment positions once the stock option has expired.
- Fixed an issue where if stock and option positions had the same security symbol stock positions could be updated using the option's market price.
- Fixed an issue where the Portfolio's Cash Balance was including accounts that were set to have their balances hidden.
- Fixed an issue with exported investment position CSV files listing the symbol column in place of the name column.
- Fixed an issue causing the program to crash when updating reports.
- Fixed an issue with the report's display not always refreshing after editing transactions.
- Fixed an issue not updating reports after changes were made to the setup of payee names, transaction types or categories.
- Fixed an issue with Balance reports not sorting dates correctly.
- Fixed an issue in Balances reports where the quote for a security would be the price paid for investment transaction if it one occurred on the same date instead of using that day's historical investment quote.
- Fixed an issue with Payee reports not picking up split transactions correctly from imported QIF files until the file has been closed and reopened.
- Fixed an issue in Investment reports where the number of shares and cost basis was reported inaccurately when there were both short term and long term gains or losses involved from previous lots.
- Fixed an issue with the budget's display not always refreshing after changes to its setup or after editing transactions.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.5
- Fixed an issue downloading current investment quotes from Yahoo! Finance.
- Fixed an issue with Balance reports not sorting dates correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the report's display not always refreshing after editing transactions.
- Fixed an issue with the budget's display not always refreshing after changes to its setup or after editing transactions.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.4
- Fixed an issue with budget's not always loading their values into the display properly in version 0.9.13.3.
- Fixed an issue with the duplicate transaction check not always running properly in version 0.9.13.3.
- Fixed an issue with reports not always displaying their underlying transactions in version 0.9.13.3.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.3
- Added an Investments preference to limit the number of simultaneous investment quote download connections.
- Added an Investments preference to list downloaded/imported transactions that are listed with an undefined source/destination for the cash involved in the transaction to list the transaction with the category of the account the transaction is in. If an investment specific transaction is listed with the category of the account the transaction is in then the transaction will have no affect on the account's cash balance. Useful in situations where you do not wish to track the account's cash balance such as employer matched accounts. This was previously always done by default.
- Added a work around for an issue in iBank's QIF file exports where check numbers are improperly listed in the reconciled field. Need to select that the file was created by "Other Financial Software or Website" for this error to be checked and corrected.
- Fixed an issue with importing dividend transactions from account downloads or OFX/QFX files.
- Fixed an issue importing QIF files when the payee information is listed after split information (out of order).
- Fixed an issue with default bond market rates not being selected properly.
- Fixed an issue with calculating stock option gains/losses in Investment reports.
- Fixed an occasional crash occurring while creating new transactions or searching transactions.
- Fixed a crash creating PDF reports that had transactions grouped by payee, transaction type or category.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.2
- Holding down "Option a" with a credit card account selected in the accounts list will switch the credit card account balances to display the accounts available credit.
- Changed the "Dividend", "LT Cap. Gain", "MT Cap. Gain" and "ST Cap. Gain" transaction types to allow either positive or negative values by default for new files.
- Improved QIF file importing of CDs and Bonds.
- When importing from QIF files if a transaction is listed as split, but only has information for one split transaction then that split transaction's category and memo will become the overall transaction's category and memo and the single split will be removed. Fixes a fairly common issue with Quicken's "Quick Fill Transactions" creating single line splits.
- Importing investment transactions from CSV files will now recognize if the transaction type is "Purchase" and treat it as "Buy".
- Adjusted setting up accounts for Direct Connect downloads to not select the option for using Account Discovery by default when the institution does not indicate either way if Account Discovery is an option.
- Restricted Citi account downloads to never allow simultaneous requests due to a possible issue with their server returning jumbled account information.
- Files will be prevented from closing temporarily if the investment positions are being entered into the database.
- Chinese RMB currency now displays with two decimal places.
- Fixed a Lion specific issue where the action button in table corners were not being drawn properly depending on the System Preferences General preference for showing scroll bars.
- Fixed a Lion specific issue in tables with indicator triangles for expanded information were overlapping values.
- Fixed a Lion specific issue importing OFX, QFX, and QIF files into the program by double clicking them in Finder or by dragging them to the application's icon.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing multiple OFX, QFX, or QIF files at once.
- Fixed an issue where the option to import transactions would still run if no accounts were in a file.
- Fixed an issue importing an OFX/QFX or QIF file when no account is selected and not being able to select the account for the import to go into.
- Fixed an issue getting the correct URL for Direct Connect download connections based on the information contained in the initial profile request.
- Fixed an issue deleting payee names and transactions using this payee were not shown to be updated until the file was closed and re-opened.
- Fixed an issue when adding categories that have subcategories in budgets after their subcategories have already been added and the totals for earlier added subcategories not being included until the file is closed and reopened.
- Fixed an issue loading the tax codes of subcategories.
- Corrected a misspelling for the category tax code 653 - "Investment expense, int".
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when deleting some split transactions and when entering split transaction amounts using the pop-up calculators.
- Fixed an issue with transaction type restrictions and importing or running filters on transactions and the specified transaction type's amount restriction not being compatible with the transaction's amount.
- Fixed an issue with saving split transactions in the database that were created by transaction filters if the transaction that was filtered did not previously have split transactions.
- Fixed an issue with transaction filter's transactions that had split transactions added and new values for previously existing splits not being saved properly in the database.
- Fixed an issue with report tables not refreshing their display after moving to another view and coming back to the same report.
- Fixed an issue in the Balance reports where the market value for a bond, which is based on the common PV of a bond formula, was returning the incorrect value if the reported date was the same day and month as the bond's maturity date.
- Fixed an issue causing a crash during investment quote updating.
- Fixed an issue printing transactions using a range of dates and the transactions being out of date order.
- Fixed a crash in the built-in web browsers and using pop-up windows.
- Fixed an issue with the program hanging during launch if there is an invalid internet connection setup.
- Fixed an issue with using the space bar to toggle check boxes and the Keyboard preference Full Keyboard Access turned on for "All Controls".
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.1
- Changed the "Investment Interest" and "Return of Capital" transaction types to allow either positive or negative values by default for new files.
- Changed "Margin Interest", "Misc. Inv. Expense", and "Misc. Inv. Income" transaction types to have transaction amounts apply against the account balance when the category is the same account the transaction is in.
- During transaction duplicate checking if declined imported were merged into their existing transaction matches the existing transactions will display with the recently downloaded transaction icon indicator if this preference is turned on.
- Adjusted the icon indicating an account has recently download to be slightly larger.
- Adjusted duplicate transaction matching for check numbers to consider check number "01234" to be the same as "1234".
- Fixed an issue with some files not updating due to adjusting transaction, statement, payee, transaction type, and category images.
- Fixed an issue where some account's download connections were not being updated during the update to the new 0.9.13.0 file version.
- Fixed an issue where recurring transactions were not being allowed to be edited after activation.
- Fixed an issue manually adding investment quotes to the quotes table for securities.
- Fixed an issue causing crashes in the built-in web browsers.
- Fixed an issue dragging accounts/categories down for reordering and the accounts/categories being dropped one spot further down than intended.
- Fixed an issue with calendar and calculator pop-up windows not working on some computers.
- Fixed an issue downloading investment transactions that are listed as having the cash involved in the transaction coming from an unknown source. Will set the transaction's category to be the account the transaction is in to keep the cash balance of the account unaffected.
- Fixed an issue with storing scsf files in the "Users/Shared" folder and file permissions.
- Fixed an issue using Direct Connect downloads with Vanguard Group.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.13.0
- Ready for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Added automatic file backups (setup in General preferences).
- Added ability to select multiple selections in an account and view a total for the selection. The "Balance" field under the table switches to display the "Selection" total.
- Adding a new historical investment quote to a security's quotes table will now use it as the security's current market price if it is more recent.
- Added ability to import bond market prices from account Direct Connect downloads or OFX/QFX file imports.
- Added ability to turn off loan amortization schedule recurring transactions.
- Added initial loan date field to loan amortization schedule setup.
- Added 10 common day count convention options to the advance loan amortization schedule setup.
- Added option to set the number of annual interest compounding periods to the advance loan amortization schedule setup.
- Added "Semi-Monthly (1st & 15th)" option for recurring transactions.
- Added "Semi-Monthly (15th & Last)" option for recurring transactions.
- Added option to set the time delay between account download connections to the same institution (preference to "Allow Simultaneous Requests to the Same Institution" must be off).
- When importing transactions the location of the last used file is now saved and selected for the next import.
- Added the ability to open any OFX, QFX or QIF file with SEE Finance and that file being imported into the current or last used SEE Finance file. If there is not a current or recent file to open the user will be prompted if they would like to create a new SEE Finance file from the data file.
- Added the ability to import OFX, QFX and QIF files at anytime into any account.
- Added option to downloading transactions or importing transactions from OFX or QFX files when canceling the import and if security quotes were found in the download/file the program will now offer to import just those security quotes and nothing else if the Investments preference to use these quotes is turned on.
- Added a Downloads preference to have account download requests overlap X number of days. Helpful with some institutions to guarantee all transactions are downloaded and prevents an error with some institutions that do not allow same day transaction requests.
- Added preference for the number of times payees need to be found during imports before they are listed as permanent unhidden payees.
- Added ability to import transactions into existing accounts from a QIF file that contains transactions for multiple accounts.
- Added a Transactions Importing preference to have accounts and their recently imported transactions displayed with an indicator icon.
- Added a Transactions Importing preference for importing CSV files to ask the user if the transaction amounts need to be flipped due to credit and debit amounts being listed in the same column and listed in the view of the account issuer.
- Added option to merge declined imported transaction's information into their existing duplicates.
- Transaction filters can now be applied on transactions with splits and can change the category and/or memo of the split transactions.
- Added option to group Portfolio investment positions by account (an option in the position table's contextual menu).
- Added shortcut keys for opening the "Quotes Table" for securities (Command 2) and "Import Quotes" (Option Shift I).
- Holding down "Option i" will now switch the shown investment balance in the main accounts list from the default preference to the opposite option (cash balance or total account market value).
- Added Delete buttons to transaction image windows.
- Added web browsing preferences for the built-in web browsers found in account "Online" views.
- Added progress indication while loading web pages in the built-in web browsers.
- Added a built-in crash reporter.
- Added foreign key constraints and triggers to the underlying SQLite database to ensure data integrity at the database level. Enforcement of foreign key constraints in SQLite requires SQLite version 3.6.19 or later, this version of SEE Finance ships with and uses SQLite 126.96.36.199.
- The "Portfolio" is no longer a possible selection in Balance reports if there are not any investment accounts in the file.
- Selecting to print/export a Category report with either the "Income" or "Expenses" view selected will now just print/export that information and not the entire report.
- Changing a transaction type's amount restriction now updates the account balances.
- Changed some of the investment specific transaction types to allow their amount restrictions to be changed.
- Selecting to show the category tax codes window now selects the current category's tax code if available.
- Reconcile windows can now completely collapse the Statement box.
- Reconcile windows now save the position of the divider between the Transactions and Statement boxes.
- Improved OFX Direct Connect downloads setup to automatically recognize when newer versions of the OFX protocol are being use by institutions.
- The default Direct Connect downloads identifying application is now Quicken® Windows 2011 for new installations and when resetting the user defaults.
- Improved statement transaction downloads to better prevent transactions outside the requested date range.
- Importing check transactions from OFX/QFX files now checks the transaction amounts and will set transactions to "Deposit" if it is a check deposit.
- When downloading investment transactions from institutions or when importing OFX/QFX files and the investment transactions do not have a ticker symbol the CUSIP will be used for creating position adjustment transactions and to update quotes.
- Importing investment prices from QIF files no longer requires the security list to be in the QIF file.
- Added warning during CSV file import if the date, debit amount, or credit amount columns have not been selected.
- When importing accounts by default the last transaction is now selected for the account.
- Split transactions no longer display dates in the transaction tables to provide better recognition.
- When creating split transactions the table now scrolls to show all of the split transactions for the overall transaction.
- When expanding split transactions the table now scrolls to show all of the possible split transactions for the overall transaction if needed.
- Entering a math operator after an amount in an amount field will now start the pop-up calculator using the entered info as the first part of the calculation.
- Pressing the Tab key will now close pop-up calculators.
- Transaction amount searches are now able to get values such as "1234.01", "1234.56", and "1234.99" from a "1234" whole number search.
- Improved image handling in the program which also fixes an issue with slow performance in areas where images are used.
- Duplicating transactions now clears the reconciled status of the new duplicate transaction.
- Now drop down boxes are disabled during searches to prevent scrolling their lists and changing the selected transaction values and search results repeatedly.
- Changed rounding behavior of number formatters to round half up.
- Selecting to unlock a transaction will now display the "Edit" view if it is not already shown.
- Improved precision of bond YTM calculations and the PV of a bond calculations.
- Security names will no longer be set from investment quote downloads if a name already exists.
- Double clicking items in any of the Portfolio view's tables will now show the "Info" view.
- Changed the "Info" view listings for a bond's "Market Value" to instead show "Market Price".
- Changed "Security List" and "Watch List" view's table columns for "Value" and "Previous Value" to "Market Price" and "Previous Close" .
- In the Security List and Watch List bonds no longer improperly list a previous close, change or percent change value. Bonds do not have these values available in the program.
- If an investment account has its balance hidden its investment positions are no longer listed in the Portfolio, part of the Portfolio's balance or included in the main Balances total.
- Investment position tables that list only one investment position are no longer automatically expanded to display their details. The keyboard shortcut to expand all can be used (Command right arrow).
- Improved downloading quotes for other misc security types from Yahoo! Finance.
- Filters created from existing transactions will now name the filter like "ThePayeesName Payee Filter".
- Increased the number of items in some drop down lists.
- The Balances view's table columns now save their widths and sorting.
- Transaction "Icon" views now save their column widths.
- Pending recurring transactions window now saves its size between sessions.
- The main search field is now only enabled when searches are available.
- Entering registration codes will now remove any excess spaces in case of copy/paste user error.
- Removed the "Revert" option from the "File" menu since it was an invalid option.
- Adjusted minimum window size to be 20 pixels smaller.
- Various GUI adjustments for compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixed an issue with some printer settings and only the first page of a multi-page printout being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the database index on the historical investment quotes was not created in recent versions causing Balances reports to update slower and slower historical quote loading for graphs.
- Fixed an issue not sorting account transaction names and categories names the same as in the main account list.
- Fixed an issue sorting reports by names.
- Fixed an issue sorting Balance reports by item listing. Balance reports should sort by time period then by the same order the accounts are listed in the main accounts listing.
- Fixed an issue using adjusted close instead of close in Balance reports.
- Fixed an issue in the Balances reports where the improper YTM was being used to calculate the PV of a bond.
- Fixed an issue where the reports would sometimes not indicate in the GUI that they are updating.
- Fixed an issue where transactions with splits would not have the overall transaction's memo appear in Memo reports.
- Fixed an issue in the budgets where an overall parent category's budgeted and fixed amount was not set to include children category budgeted and fixed amounts if the children categories had a different time period frequency.
- Fixed an issue exporting CSV files in various methods in the program and the export failing due to invalid characters being in the exported file's name.
- Fixed an issue with transactions filters and using the "All" setting for matching constraints possibly not working correctly.
- Fixed an issue updating the available default transaction types and categories available for payees in the Payees view.
- Fixed an issue importing QIF files with transactions using "EFT" transaction types and the transactions being deposits.
- Fixed an issue importing some QIF files that have improper line breaks in split transaction information.
- Fixed an issue importing shares out investment transactions from account downloads and OFX/QFX files.
- Fixed an issue where reconciled account balances were not updated as needed based on the imports "Mark All Imported Transactions as Reconciled" setting after a duplicate transactions check if all the imported transactions were duplicates.
- Fixed an issue when adding transactions from a statement to the transactions register in the Reconcile window and the investment positions not updating.
- Fixed an issue where sorting transactions by reconciled status was not highlighting the column's header.
- Fixed an issue with the Reconcile window's start and end date calendar selectors being switched in banking accounts.
- Fixed an issue keeping the transaction selection in the main transactions register table of the Reconcile window when changing the date selected date range.
- Fixed an issue in credit card statement transaction entry where the transaction number field was set to display/enter the transaction memo.
- Fixed an issue where if the preferences for early posted transactions is set to not be included in account balances or be color coded and the time of the transaction is later in the day of the current day they were treated as being posted early.
- Fixed an issue with split transaction's amounts not being included in search totals in accounts if the search match was based on payee or transaction type.
- Fixed an issue with transaction locking and not being able to unlock a transaction with more than ten split transactions.
- Fixed an issue in category drop down boxes where the autofill not actually selecting an item in the drop down list if the entered value's case was not the same.
- Fixed an issue sorting by category, type or payee and setting the transaction's sorted value and possibly transaction(s) next to the selected transaction also having that value set.
- Fixed an issue sorting in the single transaction amount column.
- Fixed an issue with Asset accounts that were created manually not having the proper icon.
- Fixed an issue with the pop-up calculators not working properly in regions where the comma is the decimal separator.
- Fixed an issue with displaying amounts for editing. For example, they should show "100" for "$ 100.00" and "100.1" for "$ 100.10" during editing.
- Fixed an issue when adding optionals columns to tables and the new column's number formatter not being set properly until the view is changed.
- Fixed an issue expanding/collapsing all split transactions in the Transaction views.
- Fixed an issue restoring the saved sorting of the recurring transactions.
- Fixed an issue activating recurring transactions and the entered amount not being set if it was being edited when the activate button is pressed.
- Fixed an issue setting the payee, type and category for the default account transaction and the value not sticking.
- Fixed an issue with the default account transaction feature not being compatible with the memorized transactions feature.
- Fixed an issue printing transactions for a specified time range and the transactions not appearing in order from the register.
- Reset the Portfolio listing's hidden status where earlier versions allowed the Portfolio to be hidden.
- Fixed an issue where an investment position's cost basis would display negative if there was only one buy transaction involved.
- Fixed an issue changing a security's currency and it not displaying in the list of securities after selecting to update investment quotes.
- Fixed an issue with the "Info" button not responding in the Bonds position's view.
- Fixed an issue with not adjusting security's last update date for daylight time zones.
- Fixed an issue with VoiceOver truncating the items in the main accounts list if the window was resized over a certain height.
- Fixed a Leopard specific issue clicking an account the Balances view and the program freezing.
- Fixed a Leopard specific issue with some fonts causing a crash in some tables.
- Fixed a Leopard specific issue showing a partial invalid title for the action button on the lower left.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.12.9
- Improved VoiceOver support for the main account list to include both the account name and balance.
- Added hidden option to force the update of investment positions (Control Option Command p).
- Added an alert when setting a transaction payee's default type, category, memo or amount values when the Memorized Transactions preference of "Update Information During Transaction Editing" is turned on.
- New file's default transaction types of "Charge", "Online" and "POS" now default to being restricted to negative values only although they can manually be adjusted to allow either positive or negative values.
- Fixed an issue with mutual funds not updating current market prices due to a change on Yahoo! Finance.
- Fixed a possible issue where the width of the main account list would not be saved.
- Fixed an issue making the date pop-up window for transactions respond to the return key to close the window.
- Fixed an issue auto-completing values in drop down boxes and changing the case of the manually entered text if different from the auto-completed text's case.
- Fixed an issue where historical investment quotes could be deleted if multiple requests were made to download quotes in a single session when the quotes were downloaded for the security for the first time.
- Closing the historical investment quotes table while the table is still being edited will now attempt to validate the entry.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.12.8
- Added popup windows ability for built-in web browser.
- Added preferences for calculator keyboard shortcuts for amount fields and pop-up calculators.
- Added preference to enter amounts without needing to enter the decimal symbol.
- Added preference to use the return key to select the next editing field.
- Added preference to show option position gain/loss based on the underlying security's market price.
- Added preferences to set connection timeout interval investment quote download connections and account download connections.
- Setting an investment transaction's security symbol will now update the transaction with the security's name if available.
- Adjusted investment composition and sector exposure pie chart slices to display titles as well as value and percentage information.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when updating quotes for securities listed with improper security types and the self correcting security type correction feature getting stuck in a loop.
- Fixed an issue in regions using the comma as the decimal separator could not enter investment transaction prices or number of shares.
- Fixed an issue not allow drop down boxes to be selected by clicking the down arrow.
- Fixed an issue when entering searches and the field would select the searched value while typing causing the next key stroke to delete the previously entered value.
- Preference for showing negative numbers in parenthesis no longer also shows negative numbers with minus sign.
- Fixed an issue for users using the preference for showing negative amounts in parenthesis and negative amounts not being abled to be entered.
- Adjusted the duplicate check import to reduce match rating if check numbers are not equal.
- Locking a transaction will now move focus to the selected transaction table.
- Changing an investment transaction's transaction type from a security unit changing transaction type to one that does not affect security units now removes relevant values.
- Fixed an issue in the Balance reports not showing the proper number of held shares if the last investment transaction for a particular security was an investment split.
- Corrected the overlapping of the progress indication and the Income/Expenses buttons in the Budgets view.
- Fixed issue where hidden accounts were still being included in the Balances printouts.
- Fixed issue where exchange rates would attempt to download when updating investment positions when the preference to only update exchange rates manually is set.
- Fixed issue when changing a category's tax related status would not mark reports as needing to be updated.
- Changing the amount of quotes to download preference now alerts users the saved downloaded historical quotes in any open file will be reset.
- Changing the amount of quotes to download preference now only deletes saved downloaded historical quotes instead of all saved historical quotes.
- Fixed an issue calculating option gains/losses.
- No longer deleting investment historical quotes for securities when setting their Yahoo! Finance symbol to one of the not applicable settings.
- Fixed issue where the "Edit" and "Graph" buttons were non-responsive in the "Statements" views of credit card and loan accounts.
SEE Finance Version 0.9.12.7
- Improved VoiceOver support.
- Updated most buttons to provide VoiceOver support.
- Added VoiceOver descriptive labels to all controls.
- Tables with optional columns now have the optional columns menu as part of the table's contextual menu options.
- Most tables have a menu for column sorting as part of the table's contextual menu options.
- All overall account types (Banking, Credit Cards, etc) now use the file's default currency in the balance listings.
- Investment transactions, securities and positions now can have up to six significant decimal digits for prices and shares.
- Investment transactions now automatically have their security name updated when it is changed by downloading information and before exporting to files.
- Closed positions now show security graphs.
- Added placeholder images for transactions, statements, payees, types and categories instead of using the application's icon.
- Clicking the Dock icon when application is running without a file open will now attempt to open the most recently used file.
- Changing various account specific settings such as Start and End range dates, Hide Closed, Hide Inactive and others now marks the file as having been changed.
- Added preference to automatically remove downloaded transactions that have the exact same financial institution unique transaction ID as transactions in the account and they are removed before they are shown in the import window. Otherwise they are shown in the import window and will only be caught as duplicates if the duplicate check feature is turned on.
- Improved importing of MS Money QIF files.
- Added more columns choices available for CSV file importing.
- Improved QIF exporting.
- Improved CSV exporting.
- Improved TXF exporting.
- Added the ability to set amount restrictions on transaction types (for example a custom transaction type can be restricted to only allow negative transaction amounts).
- Added ability to increment check numbers by pressing "+" for the next check number and "-" for the previous check number.
- Changed table corner button for optional columns to use an action image (gear image).
- Made registration codes easier to enter.
- Improved self updating process.
- Fixed an issue in the Balance reports using zero for the market value of an investment position if the last price paid was zero (such as with a shares in/out transaction) instead of using an available historical quote for that date in time.
- Fixed an issue in the Transactions Icon View tables for investment transactions that would not format the numbers of shares for the minimum number of fraction digits.
- Fixed an issue changing an account's type/subtype and this causes the account to also have its named changed to have "- 1" appended to it.
- Fixed an issue not importing CSV and QIF files for statements if the file extension was in all caps.
- Fixed an issue in calculating the running share balance in the transactions table of Single Mutual Fund investment accounts after investment splits.
- Fixed an issue not showing cost basis for some closed positions due an error comparing zero.
- Fixed an issue where securities without a proper symbol set would still try to request investment quotes.
- Fixed an issue not including return of capital amounts in cost basis of closed positions.
- Total paid for investment positions is now taken from transaction amounts where applicable (instead of using price paid x shares plus commission).
- Fixed an issue where investment transaction's amounts were not being rounded for the account's currency format when the amount was set based on changes in price paid or shares which caused possible minute balance discrepancies.
- Fixed an issue not printing out security symbols when printing the Security List and the Watch List.
- Selecting to run a filter in the filters view on all transactions now updates investment positions if needed.
- Fixed an issue not interpreting multiple ampersands in OFX/QFX files.
- Fixed an issue creating investment accounts from OFX/QFX files and downloaded information and issues with the created position adjustment transactions not being adjusted for investment splits.
- Fixed an issue downloading transactions and interpreting warnings as errors which improperly blocked the completion of new downloaded information.
- Fields now validate editing when moving selection (for example entering an amount and selecting to create a new transaction will validate the currently edited amount before creating the new transaction).
- Fixed an issue losing a selection of a field when switching back and forth between the general and security info views when editing investment transactions.
- In budgeted categories with subcategories the fixed amount for overall categories is now required to be at least the sum of the fixed amounts of all its subcategories.
- Fixed an issue displaying the proper pie chart slice amount for slices with amounts under 5% for some pie charts.
- Fixed an issue where default transaction names, types and categories could have their names changed (reset all default names).
- Fixed an issue with some fonts being cutoff in tables.
- Fixed an issue displaying the proper currency formatter in the recurring transaction's amount field if recurring transactions were in different currencies.